Monday, October 18, 2010

study life and future plan

dear all.

before i start my post, let me introduce my friend, vassilisa, she's one of my high school friend. i just read her post, and her sensitivity, her empathy is reflected in her writings. one of her strength, showing her character in each post she wrote. thumbs up! drop by to her page.. hehe

anyway, this month has been a progress, u can say, about my future study plan.

First, i'm applying for Chinese Incountry Program, CIP under monash. it is a short semester program, learning mandarin in Shanghai for 6 weeks, plus get 2 subjects credit point! :D make the story short, i've been through all the application, as well as the interview, and finally got the confirmation. So, guys, i'm flying to Shanghai end of this november until mid january... I'M SO EXCITED!!! indeed! but VERY NERVOUS in the same time, as i understand nothing. (consider nothing if i only know how to say ni hao ma and wo ai ni ~ oO. this is not good!)

I felt extremely stupid during the interview. At the beginning they (interviewer from Monash australia) said "Ni Hao" even i understand ni hao, it's just awkward for me to replied. and i had no idea what to say back then, so i just smile, and laugh.. ahahaha. stupid. then they ask what language do i speak at home, do my parents know chinese, is there any chinese family background. so i just keep saying NO. and the interview went short, while some friends exceed the 10 minutes interview time as they have lots of things to share, "cing cung cong bla bla bla.." so, definitely, i go for chinese level 1 and 2 in shanghai.. no doubt. hehehe.

To relax my tension a bit, the next day, i straight away bought chinese dictionary. tourist pocket dictionary. at least i can eat there. wakakakakk.. fortunately, there are some of my friends going for CIP as well, im flying from KL 26 nov together with fenny, vony, and jessika. yes. i booked the air ticket already. a requirement to apply visa. it cost me (my father) a lot. some more, ringgit currency is increasing lately. what a perfect timing :(


it's OK. i still optimist that i can manage to catch up the lesson. and i really hope that it can increase my GPA. *crossing finger* 2 HD pleaseeee... and indeed i'm excited for this is a summer course + holiday program. for sure. yeayy.. going to a new place. will experience winter for the first time.. woohoooo.. perfect! Look at shanghai. it will be awesome!! :D


secondly, beside CIP, i also applied for Monash intercampus exchange. and two weeks ago i just had the confirmation that i can go Clayton campus, Melbourne next semester!!!! aaaaawww.. this is it. even before i enter monash, this is one of the goal being here :)) although it is only 1 semester and no more travel grant is given, it is still worth it. i will pay still paying the same malaysian tuition fee, but is able to study there. what an advantage! and im going together with nukke too. SO HAPPY! lots of preparation to be done, accomodation, visa, air ticket, living cost, etc etc. especially it's quite hectic for me to prepare CIP and aussie exchange at the same time. but i'll get this all done! ;)

third, to sum up, wanna say that i'm so thankful for the support from mama, papa, and my fam. i know we're not that rich, but they really work out for me taking these opportunities. i know i spent so much money and i'll drain more money for going overseas. it's more than financial support, thanks for the prayers, the motivation, and the love. once my pap said, "yet it's expensive, i'll try my best to work it out, cos i want u to have the experience" :')
I LOVE YOU GUYS SO MUCH!!!

3 comments:

FBS Headmaster said...

MIK!!!!! I just arrived and you are already leaving?!!! OH NO!

Congratulation to you ^^ I know how painful it is when parents have to give up so much just for our sake but remember to stay focus and do all the best in your study, so that what your parents sacrifice for you will not be a waste.

Safe journey and all the best.. I will cherish the remaining days that you have with us left... Jia you Mikhal!

Anonymous said...

time to open your wings and fly...

pa

miksuper said...

dont worry. ill be back dan.. pergi untuk kembali :D